Wednesday, June 19, 2013

La Rambla

Yesterday was not the best weather so we (my class group and my brother) decided to spend the day strolling La Rambla, one of the most famous streets in Barcelona. We had originally planned to have a "beach day" but it was quite chilly and cloudy so we had to be flexible! 

We started at the top of La Rambla and had tapas and cerveza. It was quite tasty and fun to order a bunch of tapas and share everything. I think the best part is that all of the restaurants and tapas bars have outdoor seating so we were in the center pathway between each side of the street. After that, we decided to stroll down La Rambla and take it all in. It was SO crowded and I heard it only gets worse as the night goes on! Here is a picture I took from the top looking into La Rambla:



All down the street, there are tapas bars, restaurants, shops, and people selling things (souvenirs, art, etc.). One of the guys we were with had already been down there and showed us Mercat de la Boqueria, a HUGE food market off La Rambla. It was absolutely amazing and such a great experience. I was mainly just looking and soaking in all of the culture but I couldn't help myself from getting some fresh strawberries! Below are a few picture from the market.





 (^ these cute clay pigs were at the meat stand with all the pork behind them...)


After that, we had a "welcome dinner" at a local hotel with free tapas. We couldn't say no to free tapas!! A group of us went (from my class) and enjoyed trying tons of different foods. I also enjoyed a delicious (and large) glass of sangria. I'm looking forward to going next Tuesday! 


Today after classes, we headed back to the beach to enjoy the BEAUTIFUL day! It was absolutely perfect. I could come here every day...



Upcoming adventures (hopefully in the next few days): Parc Guell, Tibidabo, and Monjuic. Also, we have an excursion with our program to go to Montserrat and Sitges on Saturday! So much to look forward to!

Love,
RLD

No comments:

Post a Comment